- November 25: Toyota Brake Actuator Recall Needed, Alleges Petition investigations | 9 days ago
- November 2: Toyota Recalls 2.1 Million RAV4 SUVs to Prevent Fires recalls | 32 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Highlander Bumper Recall Affects 800,000 SUVs recalls | 38 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Spiral Cable Recall Expanded recalls | 53 days ago
- October 1: Toyota Airbag Control Unit Settlement Reached news | 64 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains thatâ€™s with the â€œnormalâ€ operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain thatâ€™s complete BS.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 139 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (84 reports)
- replace piston and rings (45 reports)
- replaced engine (7 reports)
- the car's engine still runs abnormally (2 reports)
- toyota replaced rings and bearings (1 reports)