- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 3 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 6 days ago
- November 25: Toyota Recalls RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Avalon, Avalon Hybrid recalls | 8 days ago
- October 28: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Expanded to 5.8 Million Vehicles recalls | 36 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 137 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (83 reports)
- replace piston and rings (44 reports)
- replaced engine (7 reports)
- the car's engine still runs abnormally (2 reports)
- toyota replaced rings and bearings (1 reports)