- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 10 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 15 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- October 24: Toyota Prius Bad Smell Causes Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- October 9: Toyota Camry HVAC Lawsuit Continues Over Bad Smells news | 56 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 138 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (84 reports)
- replace piston and rings (44 reports)
- replaced engine (7 reports)
- the car's engine still runs abnormally (2 reports)
- toyota replaced rings and bearings (1 reports)