- November 27: Toyota Prius Class Action Lawsuit Over Bad Smells Hangs On news | 6 days ago
- November 26: Toyota FJ Cruiser Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed, For Now news | 7 days ago
- October 3: Toyota RAV4 Battery Recall Needed, Alleges Georgia Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- September 23: Toyota Hybrid Cable Corrosion Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 71 days ago
- September 19: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Size Lawsuit Dismissed news | 75 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 139 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (84 reports)
- replace piston and rings (45 reports)
- replaced engine (7 reports)
- the car's engine still runs abnormally (2 reports)
- toyota replaced rings and bearings (1 reports)