- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 42 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 77 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 198 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (104 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (13 reports)
- toyota says normal (12 reports)