- November 25: Toyota Brake Actuator Recall Needed, Alleges Petition investigations | 14 days ago
- November 2: Toyota Recalls 2.1 Million RAV4 SUVs to Prevent Fires recalls | 37 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Highlander Bumper Recall Affects 800,000 SUVs recalls | 43 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Spiral Cable Recall Expanded recalls | 58 days ago
- October 1: Toyota Airbag Control Unit Settlement Reached news | 69 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our â€œSeal of Pretty Goodâ€ but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is â€œnormalâ€ for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 227 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (116 reports)
- toyota says normal (18 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (17 reports)
- replace engine block (15 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (15 reports)
- replace pistons, rings, seals gaskets & bearings (14 reports)