- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- December 20: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Transmission Recall Issued recalls | 31 days ago
- December 18: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Says SUVs Are Dangerous news | 33 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Tacoma Recall Issued To Replace Master Cylinders recalls | 36 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Recalls Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra and Lexus SC recalls | 36 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 208 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (107 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- replace engine block (15 reports)
- toyota says normal (15 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (14 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)