- September 22: Toyota Prius Cars Recalled Because Hybrid Systems May Shut Down recalls | 3 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 4 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 10 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 17 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Tundra Halogen Headlights May Catch Fire recalls | 22 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 221 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (113 reports)
- toyota says normal (18 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (17 reports)
- replace engine block (15 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (15 reports)
- replace pistons, rings, seals gaskets & bearings (13 reports)