- August 3: DENSO Canada Lawsuit Filed Over Fuel Pumps news | 7 days ago
- July 19: Toyota Tundra Turn Signal Problems Cause Recall recalls | 22 days ago
- June 30: BMW Tie-Rod Recall Affects 3,800 Vehicles recalls | 41 days ago
- June 24: Toyota Recalls Prius Cars For Hybrid System Problems recalls | 47 days ago
- May 21: Toyota RAV4 SUVs Recalled For Lower Suspension Arms recalls | 81 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 218 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (113 reports)
- toyota says normal (17 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- replace engine block (15 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (15 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)