- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 13 days ago
- December 31: Toyota and Lexus Vehicles Recalled to Replace Load Labels recalls | 23 days ago
- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 40 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 45 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 69 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,312 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 189 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (99 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (15 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (12 reports)
- toyota says normal (12 reports)
- rebuild engine (11 reports)