- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 5 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 9 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 23 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 32 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,863 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 183 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (98 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (14 reports)
- rebuild engine (11 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (11 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (11 reports)