- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 19 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 20 days ago
- March 28: Recall: 2018 Toyota Camry Cars May Need New Engines recalls | 25 days ago
- March 22: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Lawsuit to be Filed in Arizona news | 31 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 197 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (103 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (13 reports)
- toyota says normal (12 reports)