- August 14: Toyota Prius Windshield Replacement Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 4 days ago
- July 31: Toyota Air Conditioner Smell Lawsuit Says Mold Builds Up news | 18 days ago
- July 27: Toyota Camry Mold Smells Cause Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 54 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 203 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (104 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- toyota says normal (15 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (13 reports)