- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 2 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 15 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 54 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 61 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 64 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,052 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 179 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (96 reports)
- replace engine block (14 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (14 reports)
- rebuild engine (11 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (11 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (11 reports)