- October 16: Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended For 2020 Models news | 2 days ago
- October 14: Toyota 4Runners Recalled By Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 4 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Class Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 10 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 216 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (112 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (16 reports)
- toyota says normal (16 reports)
- replace engine block (15 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (15 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (13 reports)