- October 20: Toyota Airbag Recall Issued For 928,000 Vehicles recalls | 3 days ago
- October 16: Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended For 2020 Models news | 7 days ago
- October 14: Toyota 4Runners Recalled By Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 9 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 9 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 13 days ago
2009 Toyota Camry
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.