- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 8 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- June 13: Toyota Loses Appeal in Koua Fong Lee Crash news | 15 days ago
- June 4: Toyota Owned Part of Tesla, But Not Anymore news | 24 days ago
- June 3: BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Toyota Will Settle Takata Lawsuits news | 25 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems99NHTSA complaints: 181
- interior accessories problems31NHTSA complaints: 11
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 29
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 116
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 64
- cooling system problems4
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 184
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 40
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 76
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.