- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 6 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 10 days ago
- August 10: Study: 10,000 Lives Could Be Saved For $600 Per Car news | 14 days ago
- August 6: Toyota Prius Plug-In Mileage Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 18 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 36 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems70NHTSA complaints: 173
- interior accessories problems21NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 28
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 114
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 64
- cooling system problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 184
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 74
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.