- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 5 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 10 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems74NHTSA complaints: 176
- interior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 11
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 29
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 116
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 64
- cooling system problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 184
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 75
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.