- April 9: Toyota Recalls 6 Million Vehicles For Air Bag and Seat Problems
- April 8: Toyota Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed
- March 28: Toyota Recalls Cars For Air Bags That Deploy When They Shouldn't
- March 19: Toyota Charged With Criminal Wire Fraud, 1.2 Billion Penalty
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Highlander For Useless Seat Belt
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 27: Law Firm Investigates Toyota Excessive Oil Consumption Complaints
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- February 15: J.D. Power Study: Vehicle Problems on the Rise
- February 12: Software Glitches Lead to Another Massive Toyota Recall
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 31: Toyota in the Hot Seat: Stops Selling 6 Models
- January 27: Toyota Camry Hybrid Faces Investigation After Brake-Failure Complaints
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 20: Man Sues Toyota Over 'New Car Smell'
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 124
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 31
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 171
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 42
- steering problemsNHTSA: 17
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.