- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 13 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 27 days ago
- March 29: Paying More For a Car Doesn't Mean Having Good Headlights news | 35 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 61 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems60NHTSA complaints: 166
- interior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 113
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 63
- cooling system problems3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 41
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 32
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 184
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 70
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.