- February 2: Toyota Recalls Older Vehicles With Airbags That Spontaneously Deploy recalls | 3 days ago
- January 26: Takata Recalls 5 Million Airbags Affecting 10 Automakers recalls | 10 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Yaris Crash Kills 5 in California news | 32 days ago
- December 28: 2016 Top Safety Pick+ Award Winners news | 39 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Tacoma Rattling Noise Gets Enhanced Warranty news | 58 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems55NHTSA complaints: 153
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 84
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 57
- cooling system problems3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 39
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 25
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 29
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 181
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 64
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 15
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.