- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
- May 13: Over 11.5 Million Vehicles Recalled Due To Explosive Takata Airbag Inflators
- May 3: NHTSA: No Toyota Corolla Unintended Acceleration Investigation
- April 12: Lawsuit Filed Over 2012 Toyota Camry Air Conditioner Smell
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 9
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- miscellaneous problems1
- suspension problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.