- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 19: Toyota Sues 'Lexus Studios,' a Wedding Video Company
- November 6: Toyota and Mazda Wave Goodbye to Takata
- November 5: Toyota Recalls Cars That Suddenly Brake On Their Own
- November 1: Toyota RAV4 Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Illinois
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems51NHTSA complaints: 153
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 84
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 57
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 39
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 181
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 64
- steering problemsNHTSA: 25
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 15
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.