- August 17: Toyota Agrees To Fix Camry Hybrid Brake Problems
- August 15: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Tundras With Wheels That Can Fall Off
- August 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans That Could Roll Away
- August 4: Toyota and Lexus Lawsuit Filed Over Melting Dashboards
- July 29: Government Denies Petition to Investigate Toyota Prius c
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 131
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 37
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 174
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 43
- steering problemsNHTSA: 18
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.