- February 17: Toyota Recalls Tacoma and Yaris In Two Actions
- February 5: Toyota FJ Cruiser Recalled To Fix Bad Weld That Affects Steering Control
- February 3: Toyota To Pay $11 Million In Camry Unintended Acceleration Case
- February 3: Toyota Recalls Avalon For Subwoofer Speakers That Can Catch Fire
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems38NHTSA complaints: 9
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1
- suspension problems1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.