- January 21: Toyota To Replace Melting, Cracked, Sticky Shiny Dashboards
- January 21: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall 5,000 Toyota and Scion Vehicles
- January 17: Toyota Prius V Recalled To Repair Airbag Problems
- November 26: Toyota Sienna Recalled To Fix Overhead Assist Grips
- November 23: Toyota Dashboard Melting? Lawsuit Says It Can Happen
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems37NHTSA complaints: 147
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 20
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 44
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 49
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 35
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 69
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 177
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 59
- steering problemsNHTSA: 24
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 13
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.