- August 17: Toyota Agrees To Fix Camry Hybrid Brake Problems
- August 15: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Tundras With Wheels That Can Fall Off
- August 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans That Could Roll Away
- August 4: Toyota and Lexus Lawsuit Filed Over Melting Dashboards
- July 29: Government Denies Petition to Investigate Toyota Prius c
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,221 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace piston and rings (5 reports)
- replaced engine (3 reports)