- February 17: Toyota Recalls Tacoma and Yaris In Two Actions
- February 5: Toyota FJ Cruiser Recalled To Fix Bad Weld That Affects Steering Control
- February 3: Toyota To Pay $11 Million In Camry Unintended Acceleration Case
- February 3: Toyota Recalls Avalon For Subwoofer Speakers That Can Catch Fire
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,654 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (23 reports)
- replace piston and rings (7 reports)
- replaced engine (4 reports)