- January 21: Toyota To Replace Melting, Cracked, Sticky Shiny Dashboards
- January 21: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall 5,000 Toyota and Scion Vehicles
- January 17: Toyota Prius V Recalled To Repair Airbag Problems
- November 26: Toyota Sienna Recalled To Fix Overhead Assist Grips
- November 23: Toyota Dashboard Melting? Lawsuit Says It Can Happen
Excessive Oil Consumption
2008 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.
Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,431 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 33 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace piston and rings (7 reports)
- replaced engine (4 reports)