- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 1 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 12 days ago
- May 12: Toyota Camry AC Smell Class Action Lawsuit a Go For California news | 14 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 28 days ago
- April 26: Toyota Yaris Cars Recalled For Airbag Failures recalls | 30 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
2007 Toyota Camry Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption284
- Burning Oil230
- Engine Blew Up18
- Unintended Acceleration And/Or Car Surged11
- Engine Knock10
- Oil Line Leak For Vvti10
- Check Engine Light On7
- Ignition Coils Failed3
- Cracked Head2
- Died While Driving2
- Rough Idle In Drive Gear Intermittent2
- Engine Begins To Shake When Cooling Fans Come On1
- Engine Whine On Startup1
- Thick Soot In Tailpipe1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control397
- NHTSA: Engine317
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling95
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal81
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine48
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control16
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.