- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 7 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 11 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 25 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 34 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
Worst 2007 Camry engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption263
- burning oil164
- engine blew up18
- oil line leak for vvti10
- unintended acceleration and/or car surged10
- engine knock9
- check engine light on7
- ignition coils failed3
- cracked head2
- rough idle in drive gear intermittent2
- died while driving1
- engine begins to shake when cooling fans come on1
- engine whine on startup1
- thick soot in tailpipe1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control377
- NHTSA: Engine196
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling95
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal81
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine48
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control16
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.