- October 8: Toyota Camry Air Conditioning Smell Lawsuit Will Continue news | 8 days ago
- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 24 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 37 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 76 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 83 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 14)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,558 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 262 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (163 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (39 reports)
- replace engine (29 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- dealer said it's normal (4 reports)
- replace piston assembly (4 reports)