- July 31: Toyota Air Conditioner Smell Lawsuit Says Mold Builds Up news | 14 days ago
- July 27: Toyota Camry Mold Smells Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 59 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 14)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 277 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (170 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (40 reports)
- replace engine (30 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- toyota has admitted there's a problem (7 reports)
- replace piston assembly (6 reports)