- October 16: Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended For 2020 Models news | 3 days ago
- October 14: Toyota 4Runners Recalled By Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 5 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 5 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Class Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 11 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 284 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (173 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (41 reports)
- replace engine (31 reports)
- toyota has admitted there's a problem (8 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- replace piston assembly (6 reports)