- April 14: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Class Action Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- April 14: Government Investigates Passenger Airbag Recalls investigations | 26 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Venza Airbag Recall Involves 360,000 SUVs recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Toyota RAV4 Class Action Lawsuit Filed After Fires news | 59 days ago
- March 1: Toyota RAV4 Fires Originating At 12-Volt Batteries investigations | 70 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 284 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (173 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (41 reports)
- replace engine (31 reports)
- toyota has admitted there's a problem (8 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- replace piston assembly (6 reports)