- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 5 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 10 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- October 24: Toyota Prius Bad Smell Causes Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- October 9: Toyota Camry HVAC Lawsuit Continues Over Bad Smells news | 51 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 18)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 3
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 78,760 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.