- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 11 days ago
- December 31: Toyota and Lexus Vehicles Recalled to Replace Load Labels recalls | 21 days ago
- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 38 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 43 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 67 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,740 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 167 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (50 reports)
- add a quart every 1000 miles (49 reports)
- add oil (29 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (20 reports)
- replace engine (12 reports)
- repaired engine (4 reports)