- August 3: DENSO Canada Lawsuit Filed Over Fuel Pumps news | 0 days ago
- July 19: Toyota Tundra Turn Signal Problems Cause Recall recalls | 15 days ago
- June 30: BMW Tie-Rod Recall Affects 3,800 Vehicles recalls | 34 days ago
- June 24: Toyota Recalls Prius Cars For Hybrid System Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- May 21: Toyota RAV4 SUVs Recalled For Lower Suspension Arms recalls | 74 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 231 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (87 reports)
- not sure (54 reports)
- add oil (39 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (26 reports)
- replace engine (15 reports)
- repaired engine (6 reports)