- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 3 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 5 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 12 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 13 days ago
- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 42 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 219 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (81 reports)
- not sure (52 reports)
- add oil (38 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (24 reports)
- replace engine (15 reports)
- repaired engine (5 reports)