- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 45 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 193 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (66 reports)
- not sure (51 reports)
- add oil (33 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (23 reports)
- replace engine (12 reports)
- rebuild engine (4 reports)