- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 2 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 6 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 20 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 29 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 109,375 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 163 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (49 reports)
- not sure (49 reports)
- add oil (27 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (20 reports)
- replace engine (12 reports)
- rebuild engine (3 reports)