- December 18: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Says SUVs Are Dangerous news | 1 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Tacoma Recall Issued To Replace Master Cylinders recalls | 4 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Recalls Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra and Lexus SC recalls | 4 days ago
- December 14: Toyota Land Cruisers and Lexus LX 570s Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- November 21: Toyota Highlander Steering Column Recall May Be Needed investigations | 28 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 224 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (83 reports)
- not sure (54 reports)
- add oil (39 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (24 reports)
- replace engine (15 reports)
- repaired engine (5 reports)