- September 14: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Load Labels recalls | 17 days ago
- September 12: Toyota Tundra Fuel Line Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 8: Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86 Recalled Over Turn Signals recalls | 23 days ago
- September 2: Toyota Yaris Electrical Problems Cause Defect Petition investigations | 29 days ago
- August 10: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Fire Risk recalls | 52 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a â€œnormalâ€ amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 111,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 237 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- add a quart every 1000 miles (89 reports)
- not sure (54 reports)
- add oil (41 reports)
- repair pistons/oil leak (26 reports)
- replace engine (15 reports)
- repaired engine (7 reports)