- April 27: Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks to Fix Rear Differentials recalls | 1 days ago
- March 26: Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again news | 33 days ago
- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 34 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 71 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,420 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 234 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (144 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (37 reports)
- replace engine (28 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- dealer said it's normal (3 reports)
- replace piston assembly (3 reports)