- June 28: Toyota Recalls Prius, Prius Plug-In Hybrid and Lexus CT 200h recalls | 2 days ago
- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 8 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 10 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 12 days ago
- June 15: Which New Cars Are Being Sold With Takata Airbags? news | 15 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,010 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 199 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (118 reports)
- rebuild engine or check oil frequently (35 reports)
- replace engine (25 reports)
- Toyota Canada's head office told me that it is acceptable fo (7 reports)
- replace piston assembly (3 reports)
- dealer said it's normal (2 reports)