- February 2: Toyota Recalls Older Vehicles With Airbags That Spontaneously Deploy recalls | 4 days ago
- January 26: Takata Recalls 5 Million Airbags Affecting 10 Automakers recalls | 11 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Yaris Crash Kills 5 in California news | 33 days ago
- December 28: 2016 Top Safety Pick+ Award Winners news | 40 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Tacoma Rattling Noise Gets Enhanced Warranty news | 59 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
Worst 2007 Camry transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- revs up and jerks when changing gears13
- transmission slippage11
- downshifting hesitation10
- leaking fluids2
- downshifts hard1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission193
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.