- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 4 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 6 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- June 15: Which New Cars Are Being Sold With Takata Airbags? news | 11 days ago
- June 12: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Vehicles Over Seat Heaters recalls | 14 days ago
2007 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
Worst 2007 Camry transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- revs up and jerks when changing gears13
- transmission slippage11
- downshifting hesitation10
- leaking fluids3
- downshifts hard1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission193
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.