- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 20 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 27 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 61 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 63 days ago
1999 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 119,652 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 36 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- transmission replaced or rebuilt (27 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)