- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 1 days ago
- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 23 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 25 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 34 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
accessories - exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- trunk won't latch1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch11
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rearview Mirrors/Devices2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Hood: Latch1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Trunk Lid: Lock1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.