- February 5: Takata Airbags Cause Honda to Recall 2.2 Million Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- February 4: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbag Defects Cause Injuries recalls | 3 days ago
- February 4: Honda Civic Recall On The Way To Fix Engines recalls | 3 days ago
- February 4: Continental Automotive Systems Recalls 5 Million Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 30: Lawsuit: Rabbits Chew Honda Soy Wiring to Shreds news | 8 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- car won't start in heat, stalls17
- car won't start in wet weather3
- total loss of electric system1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch172
- NHTSA: Electrical System139
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition33
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator9
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.