- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 14 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 21 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 40 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 43 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 52 days ago
Car Won't Start In Heat, Stalls
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 113,923 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace main relay switch (5 reports)
- replace ignition switch (3 reports)