- October 21: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 1 days ago
- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 9 days ago
- October 3: Honda 'Disappointed and Troubled' by Takata's Behavior news | 19 days ago
- October 2: Takata Airbag Explodes in Fatal Honda Crash in Malaysia news | 20 days ago
- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 26 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stalls/shuts off while driving85
- check engine light is on6
- loss of power5
- cracked engine block4
- engine oil in coolant4
- gas pedal stuck2
- unintended acceleration2
- all four cylinders misfiring1
- engine not start when a/c has been on1
- engine overheated resulting in engine damage1
- engine rod bearing failed1
- head gasket blew1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling40
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine34
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline33
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine21
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.