- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 9 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 10 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 19 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 36 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 70,471 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 26 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (18 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)