- March 24: Chevy Malibu Recalled To Fix Sensitive Sunroof Switch
- March 25: Family of Ignition Switch Victim Brooke Melton Settles GM Lawsuit
- March 14: Chevy Volt Recalled After Carbon Monoxide Sickens People
- March 13: GM Lowers Warranty Coverage From 100,000 Miles to 60,000 Miles
- March 10: Chevrolet Cruze Recalled For Parking Brake Failures
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not shifting properly27
- transmission failure9
- rolls backwards in drive5
- defect in reverse clutch piston destroyed whole transmission3
- banging noise between gears2
- not able to be towed1
- traction control out1
- transmission oil leak, rough shifting1
- transmission whines1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.