- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
- June 6: GM Recalls 15,000 Cars and Trucks, Some For Third Time
- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not shifting properly28
- transmission failure10
- rolls backwards in drive7
- defect in reverse clutch piston destroyed whole transmission3
- banging noise between gears2
- gear indicator says m instead of d1
- not able to be towed1
- traction control out1
- transmission oil leak, rough shifting1
- transmission whines1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.