- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
- May 20: GM Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles in Four Separate Recalls
- May 15: Troubled GM Recalls 2.7 Million Vehicles After Hundreds of Complaints
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.
According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.
Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.
Worst 2011 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not shifting properly22
- transmission failure7
- rolls backwards in drive5
- banging noise between gears2
- defect in reverse clutch piston destroyed whole transmission2
- not able to be towed1
- traction control out1
- transmission oil leak, rough shifting1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission14
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.