- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 6 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 12 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 31 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 33 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 44 days ago
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not shifting properly31
- transmission failure15
- rolls backwards in drive8
- defect in reverse clutch piston destroyed whole transmission3
- banging noise between gears2
- gear indicator says m instead of d1
- not able to be towed1
- traction control out1
- transmission oil leak, rough shifting1
- transmission overheating1
- transmission whines1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.