- August 23: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Impala Over Airbag Problems
- August 14: GM Recalls 73,000 Chevrolet Cobalt Cars Over Airbag Failures
- July 20: GM Recalls 10 Chevy Cruze and Chevy Volt Cars
- July 11: GM Recalls 98,000 Cars For Radio and Seat Belt Problems
- July 10: GM Recalls 686,000 Vehicles With Liftgates That Fall On You
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not shifting properly28
- transmission failure11
- rolls backwards in drive7
- defect in reverse clutch piston destroyed whole transmission3
- banging noise between gears2
- gear indicator says m instead of d1
- not able to be towed1
- traction control out1
- transmission oil leak, rough shifting1
- transmission whines1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.