2014 Chevrolet Cruze accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 262016

Cruze

My passenger side wiper just quit working and now 75 miles later my drivers side isn't working.

- Rocky Mount, VA, USA

Aug 132016

Cruze

2014 Chevrolet Cruze clean diesel. Car defroster/defogger does not adequately defog windows during rainy and/or humid outside conditions. Condition persists despite of setting selection of- temperature, fan speed, or where air is coming from (re circulation or outside). Additionally; high levels of moisture, often in the form water droplets or fog, is visible coming out of vents and resting on inside of windshield, other windows, and other interior surfaces. Under many circumstances, only remedy was to stop vehicle and wipe away moisture off of inside windows to achieve visibly of roadway.

- Perryville, MO, USA

May 202015

Cruze

Front windshield with condensation and in pare the visibility. It only goes away with the wipers and the heater. The answer that we got from GM is that living in Texas, the humidity is the main factor and that the vehicle was operating as design. While driving, we had to put the heater and the windshield wipers for about 10 minutes.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 172015

Cruze

Cold air blows on windshield from A/C and foggs up glass wich obstructs view.the controls are set properly but defroster vent does not close completely. Dealer says there is no fix for the problem.this happens when standing or driving.

- Jasper, GA, USA

Sep 152014

Cruze

Windshield fogged up and I could not see. Defroster and heating windshield did not clear the window so I could see out, and I had to stop because I could not see out forward at all. Dealer checked the condition and of course, could not duplicate! there is a fix on the Chevrolet Cruze forum but I do not want to attempt to do it myself! something must be done about this or I will be forced to 'lemon-law' this car and I do not want to be forced to do that! it is that dangerious and I know it can be corrected if the proper tsb is issued describing fix as listed by a person on the forum mentioned above.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

May 262015

Cruze

Driving at highway speed in light rain resulted in a "carwash effect" on my windshield. Drops did not run but splattered in a manner which completely obscured visibility of the road. I was driving blind, regardless of wiper speed, in very light rain. Is there research showing windshield angle as the cause of such a problem? this has occurred a second time in light rain.

- Fort Dodge, IA, USA

May 162015

Cruze

While driving the vehicle on the highway at 68mph with no traffic alongside nor in front of me the sunroof glass shattered voluntarily causing small shards of glass to fall into my face and clothing as well as outside the top of the vehicle. The sun shade was open and the glass on closed on the roof and not vented. There was no chance of road debris hitting the closed sunroof nor was there an overpass from anything to fall off from to make impact. The glass exploded and spider-webbed the entire sunroof.

- Troy, MI, USA

Dec 162013

Cruze 4-cyl

The vehicle side windows and outer edges of the windshield would fog up and the defroster/defogger would not clear the condition. The colder it was outside and the further I drove the vehicle the worse it got. This happened on multiple occasions before the dealer finally mostly corrected it.I say mostly because the vehicle still is quite slow to defog the windows in very cold conditions. It is much better but still not what I would consider optimal.

- Flushing, MI, USA

Mar 132015

Cruze

It was raining, and approximately 40 degrees as indicated by the car thermometer. I was driving and the windshield wipers were going and clearing the rain per normal operation. Suddenly the drivers side wiper only went up about one-quarter of the way of normal and the passenger side went clear over the stuck drivers side wiper. Despite all attempts to fix it at the closest gas station I couldn't find out where the problem occurred, but I did see that the passenger side could not go up and down by pulling it manually, but the drivers side would freely go up and down just by moving it manually. I couldn't see much of anything after that, but got the car home.

- Waynesboro, PA, USA