2014 Chevrolet Cruze body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Jul 182015

Cruze

I was stopped in a construction zone a vehicle crashed into the back of my car at a high rate of speed not one of the 6 or eight airbags deployed have photos my face and nose hit steering wheel swollen very bad still nose swollen left arm injuried have to have mri to determine still hurts very painful. I am not understanding why not one airbag came out my trunk was pushed into my back seat back window shattered no airbag deployed

- Lynwood, IL, USA

May 162015

Cruze

While driving the vehicle on the highway at 68mph with no traffic alongside nor in front of me the sunroof glass shattered voluntarily causing small shards of glass to fall into my face and clothing as well as outside the top of the vehicle. The sun shade was open and the glass on closed on the roof and not vented. There was no chance of road debris hitting the closed sunroof nor was there an overpass from anything to fall off from to make impact. The glass exploded and spider-webbed the entire sunroof.

- Troy, MI, USA

Jan 292015

Cruze

I purchased a lease vehicle (@500 mileage at the time). A few months later, the motor sounded like I had over 100,000 miles. Very loud. I changed the oil at permitted time, took it in for a mechanic test drive. Mechanic said it seemed fine. Feedback from passengers were affirming that there is definitely an issue. It seems the colder it is, the harder it runs. Like you never change your oil, and the muffler has a hole, or the motor runs real heavy, like rpms sticking. Sometimes its more faint. I tried higher grade gasoline, as advised, this did not help. More importantly. The doors should definitely be recalled. They are a safety concern. They slam back on you even if opened all the way, if on an uneven pavement or slight incline. There is only one latch at all the way open. This has been a major problem and slams back on my children and myself. I am concerned for others that may drive this vehicle. There should be a second latch or catching mechanism to prevent it slamming on your legs/head.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Mar 262015

Cruze 4-cyl

I was driving East on the road. The car in front of me suddenly stopped and I was unable to stop before hitting them. I do feel I was following at a safe distance but for some reason the car did not slow down or stop as I feel it should have. The front end of the car crumpled though the air bags never deployed and the onstar crash response never activated. There was also very minimal, if any, damage to the car in front of me (possibly dented the bumper). On a side note, I have owned this car for 2 months now and have only been able to drive it for approximately 17 days because I have to keep taking it back to the shop to be worked on for malfunctions in other systems of the brand new car. I am concerned that there may have been a malfunction with the brakes system or airbags as well.

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Jul 252014

Cruze 4-cyl

Moving with traffic, sneezed and when I opened my yes I couldn't stop in time and rear ended a stopped or slowing down vehicle. I was wearing my seat belt, slammed into the steering wheel, wondered why the air bags didn't deploy. Went to hospital. Bruised from right side of neck down my chest. Faint black yes from hitting steering wheel. Bruises on both knees. I am concerned the air bags failed. Your assistance would be appreciated. Also have pictures of bruising.

- Levittown, PA, USA

Mar 032014

Cruze 4-cyl

My vehicle recently became part of the GM recall below: Vehicles affected: About 174,046 model-year 2013-2014 Chevrolet Cruze sedans equipped with a turbo 1.4-liter engine and manufactured between Nov. 28, 2012, and March 7, 2014. The problem: The right front half shaft may fracture and separate while driving, potentially causing the vehicle to lose power and coast to a stop. If a vehicle with a fractured half shaft is parked without the parking brake applied, the car could move unexpectedly. Either condition increases the risk of a crash. Ever since I bought it I kept hearing strange noise under my car. Not just that the car also had some other issues with the electrical, the screen kept going black. I called the Agency and they kept my car for a week. They kept saying that they had trouble knowing what exactly was going on with my car. At the end they just say that it was due to an update. But, until now I still hear the noise as if something about to brake. After reading the recall I am concern for my safety. Please help.

- San Jose, CA, USA