2014 Chevrolet Cruze suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Apr 012014

Cruze

Classic Chevrolet in granbury tx sold me a 2014 Chevy cruz that had a broken axle and was a outstanding recall. I tried to return car for this reason but they would not take it. The car then sat at the dealership for approximately 2 months waiting for parts and I once again tried to turn car in.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Aug 142014

Cruze 4-cyl

I found a white metallic gunk on driveway. I went to investigate for leakage, after dealer had one week ahead appointment available. I found rust on the welds of the muffler, rust on the hanger rods for the muffler, rust on nuts and bolts throughout the under carriage, rust on metal parts of the drive shaft, rust on the back tire trims, rust on the engine block, rust on the suspension, rust on the shocks, and the list goes on, on the many more parts of the under carriage. Not just rust but corrosive rusting, that just didn't start over the last three weeks. Dealer had to fail to put car up on rack upon receiving from Chevrolet, and failed before handing it. This type of rusting happens only after maybe three years or more at least according to people I've shown the photos to, who know cars. Dealership has a GM expert coming in to expect the car. Feel very unsafe driving this car.

- Bloomingdale, NJ, USA

Jul 292014

Cruze

I recently purchased a brand new 2014 Chevy Cruze. On the way to work four days after purchasing it, I was side swiped by another vehicle at 55 mph. My vehicle was put into a spin, I hit a curb and snapped the passenger side sub frame, spun out, and my vehicle went up into flames. It was engulfed within 20 seconds of the accident. I had to kick the driver door our because it wouldn't open. I was lucky enough to get out of the car before being burned. There were no deaths, I was the only occupant of the vehicle and I was able to exit the vehicle with a moderate concussion, and multiple bruises. Had there been anyone else in the car, the outcome would've been different. The vehicle had 200 miles on it at the time of the accident. I don't recommend buying a Chevy, they are not safe vehicles. GM will not return my phone calls or do anything to correct this issue.

- Ofallon, MO, USA

Apr 152014

Cruze 4-cyl

2 manufacturer recalls; first for the right front axle not being safe, second for a faulty air bag system. My car was held for the recall for 86 days. Updated 4/24/2015

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 042014

Cruze 4-cyl

I am a very frustrated mother with this vehicle purchase. I purchased a Chevrolet Cruze for my son as a gift for his high school graduation February 2, 2014. A month later there was a stop on sales because of the dangerous recall for the front axle right half that can break. The car has been sitting in the dealer for 2 months and I am making payments on a vehicle that we cannot even use. I know it is not the dealers fault, it is the GMC manufacturing company. I know someone needs to be held accountable for this. This is a disgrace to our country. How can one of the biggest car companies in the United States be so irresponsible" after all the bailout money that was giving to them out of our tax dollars. I do not even feel safe for my son to drive that car any more even if they replace the parts. I would probably need to get a second or third opinion. What am I my supposed to do trade in the car for what? for another vehicle that has more recalls. It looks like all of the GMC vehicles have recalls. We purchased the Cruze because it was economical on gas and look I have a frustrated teen that is starting college in less that a month and cannot drive his brand new car. I keep getting messages about other recalls, the recent one was the defective air bags. Please tell me what I can do to feel better. I called GMC asked to talk to a supervisor and waited and waited and they wasted my time because no one wants to hear a mother complaining about her child's safety. If everyone would do their job correctly, no one would be having these problems. I really hope someone is held accountable for all of this. How can they replace the parts with used parts" I really hope that all of us being affected by these get some incentive to keep our cars and to help us to ease our frustration. I am really concerned about my son's safety. Help!!! thanks so much for your time.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Apr 112014

Cruze 4-cyl

I bought my Cruze at the end of Feb 2014, new. On April 11, 2014, I took it in for a routine maintenance task. I was told that they had to check for a defective right axle. I was told it was defective and given a loaner car. They still have my car and can not tell me when it might be fixed because there are no parts available! so, for all most 6 weeks, I am now making a car payment on a car that I can not drive! so is Chevrolet still making the Cruze and if so why don't they have axles to replace the defective ones!! I am tired of not getting an answer. I also never got a letter from Chevrolet that I had a defective car! what would have happened if I had never taken it in for maintenance?! I think the car should be replaced!

- Evansville, IN, USA