2015 Chevrolet Cruze drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze:

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Mar 122016

Car is in for service for 3rd time -- intermittent electrical problem causing loss of transmission (I.e. revs then drops in and out of gear); driver display warnings include service stabilitrak, service power steering, service transmission. Power door locks also operate on their own. Instrument cluster gauges will drop towards their off position, then resume normal position during these events. If the car is shut off, sometimes a "no start" condition will occur when the key is turned to the start position, gauges will operate normal even with no start condition. After rapidly cycling the key off/on/start position for sometimes up to 30 times, car has always eventually started. Sometimes condition has cleared, other times transmission is stuck in a gear (3rd for previous dealership visit, 4th for current visit) but not in a limp home mode as full engine power is available. Manual shifting is not permitted, "shift denied" appearing on the driver display. Very concerned about safety as dealership cannot guarantee that transmission will not drop into lower gear at highway speeds. If the transmission were to suddenly drop into 3rd at 75 mph with no application of the brakes, the car behind me may not be able to react to the sudden drop in my vehicle's speed. Condition has happened when vehicle and components are hot, such as after highway/city driving for 2 hours.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Nov 202015

On the same day, within a few hours of each occurrence, first I had the keys in ignition and vehicle running, and shut the door and all four doors locked. Then a few hours later, I tried to put the vehicle in to drive and it would only rev up and would not go forward. When this happened, the D for drive on dash was flashing. Reverse worked fine. In both instances the car was stationary. When the car was locked, we used the spare key to manually open the door. In the second instance, I had the car towed to a dealer. Having trouble uploading the service receipt, but they found nothing wrong.

- Montrose, MI, USA

Nov 052015

Sometimes when slowing to a stop, the car engine accelerates. I have to step on brakes very hard to keep the car from going forward. On November 5, 2015, I was slowly pulling into a parking space and the car accelerated, I stepped on brakes really hard but the car went forward...into a stone wall. No one can tell me what the problem is so I wind up still driving a car that may decide to lurch forward into traffic, a wall, another car. The vehicle is at the dealership now and I am waiting to hear about the status. I was told by the service center person to call GM and tell them that I have a potential product liability case. I am at a loss at what to do.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 012015

On 7/1/15, I was moving forward at about 5 mph, with my foot on the brake, looking for a parking spot in a parking lot. The engine speed suddenly increased and then returned to a normal level after a few seconds. A similar incident happened on 8/8 while I was maneuvering into a parking spot to parallel park. With my foot on the brake, the engine speed increased for about 5 seconds. The speed returned to normal after I put the car in park. The Chevy dealer examined the car on 8/11, but couldn't duplicate the problem. They said there were no codes or bulletins regarding this problem. Therefore, they said there was nothing they could do for me.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Jun 012015

This complaint is regarding 3 issues since my vehicle purchase mid April of this year. The vehicles mileage at purchase was 7 miles and currently has approx. 6100 miles on odometer. The 3 issues are: #1) regularly while driving my vehicle at approx. 45-50 mph there is a steady humming noise coming from the engine compartment on the drivers side that last about 30-45 seconds. #2) also while driving my vehicle in traffic and coasting without pressing gas or brake going approx. 5-10mph the engine will shutter and cause the car to shake. The engine feels like its going to stall but I always press the gas petal so it continues driving without stalling since I'm always on the freeway when it occurs #3) involves the same or similar driving environment as issue #2. this issue occurs while coasting at various speeds unlike issue #2 where the cause feels like it could be the engine this is more like the transmission slipping into different gears mostly downshifting since the car suddenly jerks back as though you slammed on your brakes for a second and it regularly happens only while car is coasting at various speeds which I'm regularly doing since I drive down the cajon pass sitting in traffic every day, while coasting it happens almost every 90-120 seconds. On 7/21 I contacted my dealership and received a appointment for 7/22 since these issues could cause something very serious to happen to my wife or myself. Though I have not had my car looked at by my dealership yet, I still wanted to make this report to insure that other owners are aware of the issue I'm facing, and this hopefully gets investigated thoroughly (by a third party) before someone gets seriously injured in a accident.

- Hesperia, CA, USA