6.9

2015 Chevrolet Cruze miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze:

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Cruze

I have a diesel Cruze 2015 the problem is the car does not tell me if I am in regen for the dpf. The reason that is a problem is that if the regen fails 3 times I have to go to the dealer for $320 out of pocket expense. The car does not give me any indication I have to keep driving to regen the dpf it just fails within seconds of the dic message and goes into power reduced mode. The car never tells me to go regen the dpf it just fails within seconds of a dash message power reduce and have to go to the dealer. I have spoken to several other owners that say the same thing. It would seem the GM is purposely letting the regen of the dpf fail so we have to go to the dealer, which is basically pirating our pocket books. We need a fix badly please!!

- Trenton, MI, USA

Aug 042016

Cruze

Other vehicle was trying to run others off the road and cut people off.

- Crestwood, IL, USA

Jun 222016

Cruze

I was pulling out of a parking lot turning right to cross 3 lanes on a 6 lane road. My car had been parked for at least 20 minutes while I was in the store and I had just started it within 2 minutes of this happening. I was driving about 15-20 mph. When I needed to veer right my steering wheel would not move. I had to slam on the brakes after going onto the narrow center median and nearly going over into oncoming traffic. My car had completely shut off which had disabled the power steering. As soon as I realized what had happened the power came back on and I was able to drive off. I immediately went to the dealership. The mechanics said they had never heard of this before and advised me to come back the next morning as it was later in the evening and the main mechanics had gone home. There were no indicator lights on when this occurred. I realized at the dealership that on the dashboard there was a message to roll my driver window down and back up. The service adviser told me this was to reset or reprogram the vehicle since it had shut down. They did have me open the hood to see if any wires appeared to be loose. However, they mechanic indicated that everything looked brand new, the engine was clean and in pristine condition, and he noted that all of the number on the parts were still visible. I left and had to go to the store. While parked, and on the phone, again via bluetooth, explaining to my mother what had happened, my radio completely shut off. Two times in prior weeks my radio had shut off while driving. All of these instances only lasted a few seconds. I have had this car for only 1 month. There was one previous driver and there are only 32,000 miles on it. The car is at the dealership now, so I have no indication of the issue at this time. I do not feel safe driving in this car knowing that it could turn off at any moment potentially causing an accident.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

May 112016

Cruze

Since owning my new 2015 Cruze I have had several concerns which have not been addressed of fixed by the technicians the list is: While traveling down the road my radio system has blacked out; shut off and restarted itself; it happens every other time I am in the car, sometime it happens several time on a long drive. I have also experience drifting of the car when traveling down the highway; when I correct the drift the steering wheel is stiff and causes an over correction pulling me the other direction. The biggest concern I have experience lately is the loud high pitched noise coming from under the hood; this occurs after I have parked the car and removed the key; one time I could hear the coolant lines gurgling. Very scary not knowing what is going on under there.

- Deer Park, WA, USA

Aug 112015

Cruze

Car roll bak when in slow traffic, roll back on small inclination; stalls frequently in traffic

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 222015

Cruze

The speedometer in this vehicle is located in a very dangerous way. It is not possible to safely view the speedometer while the car is in motion. As a consequence, driving this vehicle is equivalent to driving a vehicle which has no speedometer. The speedometer of this vehicle is located far to the right of center in the instrument panel. The temperature and fuel gages are located in the center. While the vehicle is in motion, it is not possible to safely view the speedometer. It requires the driver to 1) lower his view from the windshield, 2) track his view to the right until the speedometer comes into view, 3) move his head around because the speedometer is obstructed by the upper right quadrant of the steering wheel. Reading this speedometer requires the driver to look away from the roadway for a dangerous interval of time. Even worse, when the driver lifts his gaze back to the windshield, he not looking at the center of his track, but over the vehicles right front headlight towards the shoulder of the road. This vehicle is an accident waiting to happen. I drove this vehicle as a rental car. I was able to place a gps on the vehicle windshield and use the speed indication of the gps in place of the unusable speedometer. Without the gps speed indication, it would have been very dangerous to drive this vehicle.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Jun 012015

Cruze

This complaint is regarding 3 issues since my vehicle purchase mid April of this year. The vehicles mileage at purchase was 7 miles and currently has approx. 6100 miles on odometer. The 3 issues are: #1) regularly while driving my vehicle at approx. 45-50 mph there is a steady humming noise coming from the engine compartment on the drivers side that last about 30-45 seconds. #2) also while driving my vehicle in traffic and coasting without pressing gas or brake going approx. 5-10mph the engine will shutter and cause the car to shake. The engine feels like its going to stall but I always press the gas petal so it continues driving without stalling since I'm always on the freeway when it occurs #3) involves the same or similar driving environment as issue #2. this issue occurs while coasting at various speeds unlike issue #2 where the cause feels like it could be the engine this is more like the transmission slipping into different gears mostly downshifting since the car suddenly jerks back as though you slammed on your brakes for a second and it regularly happens only while car is coasting at various speeds which I'm regularly doing since I drive down the cajon pass sitting in traffic every day, while coasting it happens almost every 90-120 seconds. On 7/21 I contacted my dealership and received a appointment for 7/22 since these issues could cause something very serious to happen to my wife or myself. Though I have not had my car looked at by my dealership yet, I still wanted to make this report to insure that other owners are aware of the issue I'm facing, and this hopefully gets investigated thoroughly (by a third party) before someone gets seriously injured in a accident.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

May 192015

Cruze

My wife was driving the new Cruze through cleveland Ohio on May 19, 2015. We were using the navigation system because we were unfamiliar with the roads and area. While in heavy traffic the navigation system started to tell her to turn left and right in error because it was showing us about a hundred feet off the highway on small service roads. It was incorrectly trying to route us back to where we were already. This was confusing for her and caused her to slow down in traffic and become distracted causing a safety hazard as she had to ignore directions from the screen popping up and the speaker and try to figure out where to go. This problem has occured several times when using the navigation system. We took the car to GM dealership and they gave us a document from GM #pic6057A dated April 27, 2015. This says this problem is common with 2015 Buick encore and verano, 2015 Chevy camaro, Cruze, equinox, Malibu, ss and volt and finally the 2015 GMC terrain with the navi. It says the navi can be off by 20-50 meters. It finally says this is the normal operating characteristic of the vehicle and will not impact performance. I believe this is not normal and could cause an accident when drivers are in traffic and listening to the navi that is confused by reading the wrong location. This error/problem should not be considered normal operating condition and only shared with dealers for customers that complain. This should be shared with owners and the affected vehicles should be recalled for a fix before the problem causes an accident or injury.

- Richwood, OH, USA