- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 33 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 38 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 39 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 42 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 54 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility Problems
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 5 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 51,986 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
windows / windshield problem