2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- AC / heater problems130NHTSA complaints: 3
- interior accessories problems50NHTSA complaints: 26
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 58
- electrical problems34NHTSA complaints: 69
- brakes problems18NHTSA complaints: 34
- exterior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 155
- drivetrain problems11NHTSA complaints: 17
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 14
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 16
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 88
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.