2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems136NHTSA complaints: 3
- interior accessories problems62NHTSA complaints: 27
- engine problems49NHTSA complaints: 65
- electrical problems23NHTSA complaints: 75
- brakes problems22NHTSA complaints: 38
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 88
- body / paint problems13NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems11NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 16
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 165
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.