- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 33 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 41 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 54 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 64 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 83 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- blown head gasket17
- engine shut down while driving14
- check engine light on13
- engine starts then dies13
- engine making noise4
- intake head gaskets failed3
- burning oil1
- cracked cylinder gaskets1
- engine tries to start, need foot on the gas pedal and ...1
- intake oil leak1
- limp mode while driving1
- shakes when idling, then dies1
- short, intermittent hesitation1
- starts rough/barely idles1
- NHTSA: Engine54
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling38
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine8
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.