- March 30: GM Recalls Chevy Trax and Buick Encore to Repair Power Steering Problems
- March 24: Chevy Malibu Recalled To Fix Sensitive Sunroof Switch
- March 25: Family of Ignition Switch Victim Brooke Melton Settles GM Lawsuit
- March 14: Chevy Volt Recalled After Carbon Monoxide Sickens People
- March 13: GM Lowers Warranty Coverage From 100,000 Miles to 60,000 Miles
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,496 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace gas cap (1 reports)