- November 8: GM Recalls Compressed Natural Gas Trucks and Vans
- October 27: GM Recalls 1.4 Million Cars After 1,345 Fires
- October 21: Chevy Malibu Owner Kristin Hopkins Sues GM After Crash
- October 17: GM Recalls Vehicles For Airbag and Ignition Switch Problems
- October 14: GM Recalls Vehicles For 3rd Time To Fix Melting Power Window Switches
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 74,087 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace gas cap (1 reports)