- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 29 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 31 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 38 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 46 days ago
- November 8: GM Recalls Compressed Natural Gas Trucks and Vans recalls | 89 days ago
Blown Head Gasket
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,746 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace both head gaskets in engine (12 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)