- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
- June 6: GM Recalls 15,000 Cars and Trucks, Some For Third Time
- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.