- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 17 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 24 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 37 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.