2007 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Sep 282016

The passenger seat air bag sensor failed and to repair the problem the entire seat cushion and electronic module has to be replaced. This is an over $800 repair and my daughter cant afford to have it fixed. According to the dealer tech this is a common problem on several thousand Equinox, torrent and Saturn ion vehicles. Imho this is a safety defect and should be repaired at no charge.

- Tavares, FL, USA

Mar 012016

A few months ago, I took my car into the dealer to diagnose a check airbag light. $122 later, my vehicle was found to have a "faulty passenger presence module." I was quoted over $1000 in repairs and given no other options. I declined the repairs in lieu of confirming with an independent mechanic as I have had issues with that service department before regarding a faulty fuel system (which was recalled and I was not informed). My independent mechanic confirmed the passenger sensing unit was not working properly and after further investigation, I found that this part (much like the debacle with my fuel pump) was also a recalled. I am referring to NHTSA campaign#07V344000. My VIN# is included within the designated VIN breaking points; however, it does not qualify individually. I find this infuriating. If the part is known to be faulty, and it's the same part placed into Pontiac/Chevy vehicles then why are only some of these faulty parts included in the recall"??" this was the same situation with my faulty fuel pump, in which I paid cash for the part and repairs and then 6 months later received a letter from GM stating my VIN# was now included. I phoned the dealer and GM directly and they offered me no options other than pay $611 for the part and estimated another $500 in labor. I have found on numerous GM forums that this issue with the ppm is very common with 2007-2009 Pontiac and Chevy vehicles with those owners getting the same excuse from GM and no recall coverage. I am hoping that in the future someone from the NHTSA will look into this campaign and expand the vehicles involved as it seems to be a dealer/part issue and affects the overall safety of the vehicle.

- Makawao, HI, USA

May 052013

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the passenger front seat warmer failed and burned a hole through the seat. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 72,000.

- Parma, OH, USA

Dec 012011

Equinox 6-cyl

The service airbag message appears when there is a person in the passenger seat of the vehicle. The dealer said it is due to the passenger presence module. An internet search for "2007 Equinox passenger presence module" reveals that there is a known issue with the passenger presence sensor (pps) on this vehicle. The passenger side airbag will not deploy in the event of an accident due to the defective sensing system/part. The manufacturer should repair this system/part before an injury due to the defect occurs.

- Carleton, MI, USA