2007 Chevrolet Equinox fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Nov 012010

Equinox 6-cyl

There is an overwhelming smell of gasoline inside the vehicle. Prior to taking the vehicle into the shop you would have to turn the key over a couple times to prime the line before it would start. I was told there is a gas leak due to faulty fuel lines. GM does not make the replacement lines separately so the entire fuel pump most be replaced. This is a huge safety issue and a manufacturing defect I should not have to pay for, unfortunately there is no recall so I will be paying for it out of pocket.

- Godley, TX, USA

Dec 102010

2007 Equinox with 69,000 miles had a gas smell outside as well as in the cabin. Took it right to the dealer on a Friday afternoon. The service supervisor put it on the lift and said I had a gas leak and could not drive the vehicle. Indicated it was most likely the fuel pressure modulator. Estimated the cost of repair would be about $650 plus labor. I called back that Monday evening to inquire if the leak had been pinpointed. Good news!!! the part would take a couple of days to get in but it would be covered under the warranty!!! saved me between $1200 - $1500. Chevy dealer in enterprise, al is the greatest! don't know why so many others with the same type problem are turned away by the dealer.

- Enterprise, AL, USA

Nov 262010

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact smelled gasoline and noticed that there was a gasoline leak. The dealer was contacted, but offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact did not inform the manufacturer of the failure. The current and failure mileages were approximately 58,000.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Nov 192010

2007 Chevy Equinox gas leak. Noticed increased smell of gas. Previous to this I had a longer then normal starting problem, winds out then starts. I was told to leave the key in start position to build up pressure in the gas lines. I brought it to the dealer and they did not want to warranty the defect. I asked for a quote and said it was upward of $1,500. This is after having to pay $93 dollars for telling me I had a gas leak I know I already had. To my own troubleshooting I found that the fitting that attaches the high pressure gas line to the gas pump manifold appears to be a plastic to plastic compression fitting. It is highly likely that after constant vibration these two plastic parts can create a gap for gas to escape in large quantity. Thus the constant gas smell. With the key in the start position noticeable gas can be seen dispensing onto the floor. A manufacture defect in my eyes. I have no choice but to fix it myself with GM parts at a high cost of & $600 dollars, a gas pump assembly not otherwise found elsewhere. With the anticipation of the new part having the same defect.

- Upland, CA, USA

Jun 112007

I have Chevy Equinox 2007 which have problem in the steering(noise) which the dealer couldn't fix & there was some problem with oil tank which smells so bad worries me as I drive this truck with my 9 mth old baby was fixed fortunately.

- Severn, MD, USA

Oct 012010

Noticed strong smell of gasoline after driving. The smell lingered for several hours after the vehicle was parked. Brought to the dealer and was told that there was a fuel leak. Also fuel sensor indicated gas tank was 1/2 full, but dealer stated tank was full. Vehicle has 67000 miles on it. Dealer is replacing the fuel pump and fuel sensor under the powertrain warranty. No injuries or damage resulted from this, but I consider this to be a serious hazard as leaking fuel/fumes could have sparked an explosion. After researching this issue, it appears other owners have had similar complaints.

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

Mar 252010

I discovered a smell of fuel from my vehicle. Had vehicle inspected on 3/25/10 and found out that the fuel tank is leaking due to faulty manufacturing. The vehicle is a 2007 Chevy Equinox lt. It is just beyond warranty and no extended warranty was purchased. The fuel leak is beneath the rear passenger seat. There is no wear and tear to this area of the vehicle. There is no damage to this area of the vehicle. This vehicle has not been in a collision. The leak is due to poor manufacturing of this part. There has not been any injury or fire yet. But the potential exists.

- El Paso, TX, USA