2007 Chevrolet Equinox suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 042016

Equinox

Car sputters and stalls sometimes while driving and sometimes when excelerating.can be driving down the street or getting onto the freeway.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Apr 292014

Equinox 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway when the vehicle lost power and started shaking really badly...I would push on the gas to try to gain power but the vehicle did not respond. I exited to the nearest autozone and had it testes..something to do with the gsr valve and throttle and fuel system. So I changed the parts that I could but now it's having the same reaction. Now the air conditioning is not working properly as well. I've had to buy tires but they keep wearing because something is wrong with the stability track.the air bags need service. And now just two days ago something is wrong with the speedometer. The motor also makes a weird sound...over all I don't feel safe in my vehicle anymore. Now the vehicle still shakes and I have to buy tires again.it shakes very badly. Ai just did an oil change and it already needs more oil.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jun 302014

Equinox 6-cyl

Took car in for vibrations. Tried replacing tires to see if that was problem. It was not, it was U-joint worn into flange and center support bearing has excessive play. Replaced rear driveshaft asm with center support bearing.

- Elverson, PA, USA

Feb 252012

Equinox

My wife's Equinox was traveling at around 45 mph when axle broke and caused her to crash hitting another vehicle causing minimal damage to it, then it wen down a 10 ft embankment and hit a concrete wall head on. She had to be cut out of vehicle and car was totaled. The axle broke in half. We believe that this contributed to the accident.

- Lake City, SC, USA

Oct 012007

Equinox

Engine light turns on and says the stabilitrak needs servicing as well as the traction control and that they are off, also says that engine power is reduced. This has happened about 5 times in the past 2 months and each time that I have an appointment, the light goes off and the dealer says they cannot diagnose without a check engine light on. This concerns me. Autozone hooked up there little gadget while it was on once and indicated that the throttle position sensor may be the culprit, said it came up three times. Power steering column locks up when I turn on vehicle, this has happened a few times in the past 3 years, each time I take to dealer, they cannot duplicate the problem and therefore cannot fix it. I have had vehicle since July of 2007. My current mileage is 42,998 the first error with column started probably in October of 2007 and occurs every so often but by the time I get it to dealer, it cannot be duplicated. What I have to do is turn the car on and off until it "registers" and then the column works otherwise it is very stiff and hard to nearly impossible to turn.

- Rome, NY, USA

Nov 292007

Equinox 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving 65 mph, the contact experienced difficulty steering. He returned the vehicle to the dealer at approximately 1,500 miles, and they replaced a rear tire for a thumping issue that was heard while driving at low speeds. After the visit to the dealer, the low speed driving improved; however, the highway speed driving did not. The contact returned to the dealer the following day because the thumping noise recurred while driving at low speeds. The highway speed failure continued, but improved only slightly. The purchase date was unknown. The current mileage was 5,000 and failure mileage was 36. Updated 02-14-08.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA