3.1

2008 Chevrolet Equinox miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox:

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Nov 082016

Equinox

When I accelerate the vehicle or step on the gas I hear rushing water somewhere in the dash by the floor. It happens whether the car is in motion or stationary.

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Jul 292016

Equinox

There is a strange sound of water sloshing under the dashboard. There is moisture build up in my headlights which have been replaced. My brake light go out several times a year. The most recent occurrence was just after my annual inspection - the driver side brake light was replaced, not two weeks later someone pulled up next to me while stopped at a light to tell me all my lights were out. The beginning of September 2016 I had an oil change and during the inspection the tech told me my driver side brake light was out and that the light at the top did not go on right away and flickered when it did. I have reached out to GM about a solution to the light issue - I have to take my truck in to be serviced at a GM dealership, it is going tomorrow Sept 29th to bryner Chevrolet in jenkintown, pa.

- Willow Grove, PA, USA

Apr 012016

Equinox

About 2 months ago my key started sticking in the cylinder and I was unable to take the key out. It would take 2-5 minutes before it will release the key. It has gotten more frequent so I had someone check it out. He found a recall reference #09-02-35-005C which states that Chevrolet Equinox from 2007-2009 built prior to 7/2008 will need to have a new cylinder ignition lock part #20869121 installed for ignition key difficult to remove, binds or sticks. My car was built in 2007 yet the Chevy dealership says there is no recall for my VIN# which according to your recall notice is not true. Please contact me asap about this matter. (702)271-7271 or email me @ jdjoy@cox.net. Thank you.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 012016

Equinox

I have a water sound under my dash. Possible coolant that may drop inside the car.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 072008

Equinox

2008 Chevy Equinox - purchased May 2008. Nine (9) of the last eleven (11) months, the car has been in the shop for various warning lights; 'service battery charging system┐, 'service tire pressure monitoring system", & "service stabilitrak"on several occasions each. Each time, I was told that a module relay was replaced. They also eventually gave us a new battery and changed the starter. Now, the check engine light is lit up, and the "service stabilitrak" light is coming back on. The rear wiper will make a single sweep even when in the off position and the radio will start searching for a station even with a strong signal from an area station. If I have the cruise control on, the cd's will skip songs or restart itself. Most times, I am told that the issue needs to be happening when I bring it in. Unfortunately, it usually happens when on the highway or after hours. Therefore, nothing is done to correct the constant problems. I really feel like I purchased a lemon and even gave my dealer a copy of the Texas lemon law, I do not feel comfortable taking even short length road trips for fear my car will fail to run properly. I feel as though I am stuck paying for a "lemon" car for four more years.

- Andrews, TX, USA

Mar 012008

Equinox

I have been driving since 1963 and this car has absolutely the worst problem with static electricity that I have ever seen. I thought at first it was just me, but at a company meeting (it is a company car) I discovered that everyone I spoke to that has an Equinox has the same problem. Even if the car isn't running and you have already been shocked, if you move around slightly in the seat you will get another shock the next time you touch something metal. The shock is sometimes so severe that at first I thought the battery had a short to ground.

- Martinez, CA, USA