2008 Chevrolet Equinox wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox:

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Equinox

I purchased my 2008 Equinox new in December 2008 at rod hatfeild Chevrolet in lexington, ky. Within 1 month the service stabilitrak warning came on, simultaneously the power steering locked. Still under warranty, I had it serviced. On Nov 19, less than 60 days ago, the problem reoccurred. No longer under warranty, the repairs cost me $276. The warning came on again tonight and the power steering locked up, this time while driving! I barely made it home unable to turn the steering wheel. I could also hear a wobbling type of noise that seems to be coming from the front passenger tire. The onstar diagnostic report stated the stabilitrak had once again malfunctioned and to have the vehicle serviced within 7 days. I am now without transportation until Monday morning when the dealership opens. Had I been driving at a higher speed when the problem occurred, myself as well as others could have been seriously hurt. I am now afraid to travel long distances for fear that the problem will once again be improperly corrected. I feel that I have purchased a lemon now that this has happened 3 times in less than 3 years.

- Lexington, KY, USA