2009 Chevrolet Equinox brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Equinox:

2009 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 022014

Equinox 4-cyl

I was parked in my garage and started my Equinox, as a put my foot on the brake to put in reverse the stabilitrak light came on a couple of minutes later the parking brake light came on, not it's on all the time and it has a message to check the stabilitrak and brake system. I went online to check if I could find a solution to it and found numerous cases on GM models. There's gotta be a recall for this!! I don't want to be driving and my brakes go out on me, I have a toddler in the car with me all the time!! here are a few of the forums I found with similar problems.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA