2009 Chevrolet Equinox lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Equinox:

2009 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Mar 052013

Equinox 6-cyl

Stability traction control light came on with other warning lights (can't remember specifically what they said) as I was driving 40 mph. Car slowed down to about 20 and would not go any further. Fortunately I was able to get it to the dealership and it was repaired. Since then, I've had nothing but troubles. The warning light for the same will come on periodically but only as I start the car.. maybe 1X every 3 months without any other problems. The electrical in the car is crap. My automatic driver side window will not function at all. The rear wiper no longer works. Sound on the driver side no longer works. Electric door lock no longer works on driver side I have to manually lock that door. I've had my car broken into because it appeared unlocked. Fortunately the alarm system still worked. Every once in a while there is a strong smell of burning electric. The smell is obvious on the inside of the vehicle as well as under the hood. I'm worried the car will catch on fire and my door locks will not function and someone will be killed.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA