2010 Chevrolet Equinox body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox:

2010 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 272015

Equinox

Vehicle is 5 years old and there is rust on the inside lower door hem on three of the 4 doors. It has always been housed in a garage in the evenings and washed with relative frequency. GM has issued a notice to fix this issue but for vehicles housed in Canada only not in the us. It is obvious this is a design flaw that GM is correcting in Canada but not the us.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 302015

Equinox

Incident occurred: June 30, 2015 a tractor trailer was passing another vehicle and proceeded to come into the left lane. I had cruise control engaged. The truck came over admittedly at a speed that was going slower than the rate of speed I had on my cruise control. When I went to apply the brake, I felt as though my car was not decelerating enough based on the pressure I was applying to the brake. I quick checked my side mirror- I was unable to go around the driver because a car was next to me and I checked my rearview mirror to ensure I was not going to be rear-ended as well- knowing I was too close and going to collide with the truck driver at this point. I applied as much pressure as I could to the brakes to decelerate but unfortunately still collided with the driver. My air bags did not deploy- despite this, it allowed me to see my mirrors immediately following the incident so that I could safely coast to the shoulder of the pa turnpike without disrupting traffic. My 2 concerns: Was braking faulty when cruise control is engaged? also- my air bags did not deploy.

- Forks Township, PA, USA

Nov 162014

Equinox 6-cyl

Chevy was stopped at a traffic light and was approx. 30 feet behind another vehicle and the driver had his foot on the brake pedal. The Chevy suddenly accelerated, driver tried to stop vehicle by stepping harder on brake pedal, he swerved to the left to avoid hitting vehicle in front of him, but still hit vehicle with extensive damage to the Chevy.

- Linden, NJ, USA

Jul 042014

Equinox 4-cyl

GM, used a felt like material on the 2010 Equinox between the front fender and the fire wall for sound deadening. I have checked out their new models and they are using it on all of them now [trucks, cars, SUVS]. the problem is that this material stays wet, collects salt, mud, etc. As we drive on roads where salt is used in the us and Canada I have removed on the passenger side so far. The fire wall and fender both have serious rust which will lead to a perforation of the passenger cabin. There must be a better material to use for this purpose that will not stay wet. I have contacted GM but they did not seem too concerned about the issue. Hope you folks have better luck then myself. Please note we live in Canada and Arizona about 50/50.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Nov 092013

Equinox 6-cyl

Car made noise and engine started to stop. Pulled off to side of freeway, turned off key and car burst into flames. Car is a total loss, due to the fire damage.

- Issaquah, WA, USA

May 182012

Equinox 6-cyl

As I approached an intersection, I hit the rear end of a Ford 150 pick up truck that was in the intersection waiting to make a left turn. My approx speed was 15 miles per hour. I had my seatbelt on, I was taken by ambulance to the hospital - my evaluation revealed sprain/strain to my neck, fractured right ankle, and chest wall discomfort related to the seat belt. The car was totaled --- the airbag did not deploy.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 232011

Equinox

Mildew smell in car from air vents, and also stronger smell from window wells when windows are rolled down. First, dealership replaced cabin air filter. Didn't correct problem. Two weeks later, took it back and they determined drain holes in all four doors were "clogged" and mildew was building up inside doors. Dealership claims they took apart all doors, cleaned and sprayed inside with disinfectant and cleaned out weep holes in doors.- all within two hours. They told us to "keep an eye on the weep holes you'll probably have to keep having this done." This is unacceptable on a brand-new car. It causes a terrible smell, and an unsafe respiratory environment for passengers.

- Naperville, IL, USA