2010 Chevrolet Equinox cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox:

2010 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Mar 052010

Bought a Chevy 2010 Equinox back in November of this yr., at 5,000 miles I noticed a secondary noise rattling/knocking type of sound coming from my engine (at acceleration). Brought the vehicle to the dealership 3X no results. I brought my car to 2 different independent mechanics both noticed and observed the noise and both seem to believe the noise is lack of fuel getting to the engine causing MINIexplosions to the engine, therefore causing holes in the pistons which would cause further engine damage. I contacted GM and the dealership both ignore the problem and will not acknowledge at this time, later found out from the GM dealerships service station that according to GM tech assist that there are 20 other cases like mine that they were notified of and GM is not willing to do anything about, this to me is a major safety concern to myself and my family. Now I have more miles and the noise is getting louder and more frequent. I don't feel safe driving my car knowing that my engine could be severely affected. I have brought my car back to dealership 3X to no prevail. Please help!

- North Andover, MA, USA