6.0

$1,900.00

2010 Chevrolet Equinox transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox:

2010 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Apr 162016

Equinox LS

bought used in 2013 had the right miles, I already had engine rebuild almost 2 years just over 40000 miles , I complained a few times felt like transmission was slipping but dealer never found any issues. Well today drove to an outing reversed in parking spot, two hours later I was driving and had to turn around the RPM started to go crazy and wasn't getting any power. made it to a destination then would not go into reverse then I put it into drive then reverse again, worked very slowly. drove to dealer seemed every time I took a turn I would lose power. And of course this happened not to long after Warranty expired.

- , Rochester, NY, USA

May 012015

Equinox LTZ V6

I was nearly 1 month without my car because the mechanic couldn't find the problem. Apparently is was something electrical

- , Hormigueros, Puerto Rico

Oct 212015

Equinox LS 2.4L

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE BRAND NEW DECEMBER 19, 2010 WITH 52 MILES ON IT. I KEEP MY MAINTENANCE ON MY VEHICLE UPDATE. AS OF LAST YEAR WHEN I HAD THE THROTTLE BODY DONE ON THE VEHICLE IT HASN'T DRIVEN THE SAME. THE ENGINE IN THE VEHICLE STARTED MAKING A NOISE, SO I HAD TO TAKE IT BACK FOR THAT IN OCTOBER OF 2014.

I CONTINUED TO HAVE NUMEROUS PROBLEMS WITH THIS VEHICLE HOWEVER THE MOST RECENT IS THE OLD CONSUMPTION PROBLEM WHICH SEEMS BE THE PROBLEM EVERYONE IS HAVING AND THE COMPANY IS NOT TAKING FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

AS OF THE 22ND OF OCTOBER I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS BUT I WILL HAVE TO COME OUT OF POCKET BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY, WARRANTY OR NO WARRANTY MY VEHICLE SHOULD BE COVERED DUE TO THE FAILURE OF CHEVORLET PROPERLY BUILDING OF THEIR VEHICLES AND LACK OF RECALLS, UNFORTUNATELY WHEN I CALLED CORPORATE THEY WOULD ONLY STATE WHAT THEY WOULDN'T DO AND THAT IT'S UP TO THE GOVERNMENT TO ISSUE RECALLS, YOU WOULD THINK THAT BY BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER MATTERS BUT IT DOESN'T AND I BOUGHT 4 VEHICLES FROM THEM OVER THE YEARS, UNFORTUNATELY IT ALWAYS TAKES DEATH OR INJURY FOR A COMPANY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. I'M DONE WITH THIS COMPANY.

Update from Oct 22, 2015: EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION PROBLEM. OIL CHANGE EVERY 1000 MILES

- , St Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 072013

Equinox LS 2.4L

BOUGHT THE CAR USED IN JULY 2013. HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING SINCE. ALWAYS THE SAME, BEING TOLD BY DEALER NOTHING IS WRONG

- , Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 012014

Equinox 2LT 2.4L V4

Transmission hesitates then jerks when shifting in the 30 - 35 MPH range. Has happened since we bought the vehicle. Dealerships keep telling us it is normal. Sound familiar to anyone else?

- , Van Wert, OH, USA

Jan 032013

Equinox ES

The transmission has slipped a couple of times when it switches gears. I told the dealership when it was in for a different issue and was told unless its doing it at the time they have it, they can not do anything about it. Great!!

- , Bertram, TX, USA