5.6

2011 Chevrolet Equinox cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Mar 012012

Equinox 4-cyl

Let me take 5 minutes of your time to tell you a story that might be also experienced by other Equinox drivers. About 18 months ago, every time I would get into my wife's Equinox, which is under my name, I would start a fight with her, because the car would smell humid and will prompt asthma attacks. Especially when she would pick me up from the airport, the car would smell like an old wet-rug. I would turn the air conditioner higher and the small would be worst, so I would get mad at her and asked her to send the car to the cleaning and also asked the orally Chevrolet to change the air filters. For 18 months my wife and kids would smell the same chemical, not knowing that it was caused by a leak from the air compressor, which was letting poison freon gas into the SUV. Plus I would get so angry at my wife for the humid smell not knowing that it was not her fault. I hardly would drive the Equinox, because the moment I would turn the air, I would stop breathing as the gas will spark an asthma attack. Finally, our air-system stopped working and we took the SUV to the shop where the condenser has been replace and the smell as an old-rug and asthma attacks are not gone. My worry, for 18 months, my kids and wife go to breathe freon a highly toxic gas, which gave me asthma attacks. I would like if more drivers are sending complaints about freon getting inside their Equinox. This is a health issue that should not happened to consumers.

- Sahuarita, AZ, USA