2011 Chevrolet Equinox electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. While the vehicle was parked, the trunk door opened and closed without activation. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Valles Mines, MO, USA

May 092014

I was double parked, with the gear in the parking position, talking to my cousin on a Friday night. We talked for about one minute. I was trying to unload my car to take some groceries in the house. My trunk would not open. I tried to unlock the doors from the inside (drivers side) twice but the trunk still would not open. Then I went around the passengers side with intentions on turning the car on & trying to unlock the doors that way, but as soon as I opened the door, the car began to roll backwards with my 12 month old son in it. The car was in park. I tried to switch gears (while still on the passengers side) but the gear was stuck. (all of this while running with the car) my cousin & I were holding on to the car as best as we could to try to slow it down to avoid the baby being injured or rolled completely away from us. Then I thought to just try to get the baby out while she held on to the car to slow down the speed. As I was trying to unstrap the baby's seatbelt, my car swiped another car, tearing off the mirror & creating swipe marks, continued to roll backwards, then I managed to free my baby. As soon as I got him out, the car hit a pole, which slowed down the speed, then a truck which stopped it. I suffer multiple bruises to my right leg and we both suffer muscle pain throughout our bodies.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA