7.8

2011 Chevrolet Equinox windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Equinox

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that when the rear windows were opened, the vehicle exhibited a loud abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 7,717 and the current mileage was approximately 8,000.

- Marshall, AR, USA

Jun 272011

Equinox 4WD 4-cyl

Vehicle was parked under a carport in full shade. I opened the driver's side door, got in, shut the door as I always do, and the rear glass exploded outward. There was no chip or crack in the glass. We took many pictures of the glass where it is obvious that the glass burst outward, glass spewed all down my driveway. The glass broke all around the edges of the frame and a large hole in the middle. Prior to this, we took the vehicle to the dealership to fix a rattle in the liftgate. I know that the liftgate had to be taken apart and reassembled for this fix. The dealership says the glass fell inward (and after being hauled halfway across town on a wrecker, it sure looks like it did) and that in any case, glass is not covered under the warranty. I called GM and the rep said it should be covered. This is a brand new vehicle that I have taken very good care of. I am waiting to hear back from the district rep or the dealer. I am concerned about the safety of exploding glass, what if kids had been in the car" what if the front windshield does this while I am in the car" I hope that GM and the dealership will correct this defect.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA