4.7

2013 Chevrolet Equinox brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Oct 052014

Equinox

The brakes failed to stop the car on a rocky off-road mountain public access road. The road consisted of a low grade incline, and the anti-lock brakes froze and caused the vehicle to skid and the brakes froze up and the vehicle was gaining momentum dangerously for about 30 seconds until the grade leveled. However, I was found myself looking for a place to run off the road to stop the car before it finally stopped. I was lucky there were no other vehicles coming toward me around the curves. I have driven rocky mountain roads many times before, and I assumed that this vehicle would be safe to drive, but it was not suitable to off-road driving. I want to warn others to not take this vehicle off road, even though it looks like and is assumed by buyers as a safe vehicle driving in rocky, off-road conditions.

- Bozeman, MT, USA