7.0

2013 Chevrolet Equinox fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Oct 232016

Equinox 6-cyl

While driving on turnpike at about 75, stability control message can up followed by reduced engine power message. Car reduced speed very quickly while in moderate traffic. Managed to move to shoulder safely, however car would not restart. Powered off vehicle for a few minutes. When turned back on to attempt restart, messages are gone but left check engine light. Vehicle would turnover and sputter but would not remain running.

- Troy, NY, USA

Nov 232015

Equinox

I have had my car to the dealer 4 times for the middle console that controls the HVAC, radio, camera, ect. The radio was replaced once. Now, I have a complaint with GM and they told the dealership, give the car back, there isn't anything we can do if you can't replicate it. This happens usually when I am starting the car, but happened while I was on the phone driving. The call came back when the system rebooted. These issues began around the 18K miles and I am at 31K miles now. It happens no less than twice before I take it into the shop. I had it in the shop another time because I pressed the gas peddle after a complete stop and didn't go anywhere. Then all of a sudden, I was at 3000rpms. This issue began at the 31K miles and only occurred once. Again, they couldn't replicate it, so there was nothing to fix. The car is still under original factory warranty.

- St. Charles, MO, USA

May 222014

Equinox 6-cyl

I was doing approx. 25 mph and went to press down on the accelerator the vehicle hesitated then took off very fast and rapid scared my wife and I almost hit the vehicle that I was trying to pass the vehicle now sits in my garage and will not drive the vehicle very afraid either myself or someone else is going to get killed, this is not the first time during the week of 5-22-2014 it happened.

- Lakewood, NJ, USA

May 022014

Equinox 4-cyl

While approaching a traffic signal the engine went to a reduced power mode (idle)....I had no control of the car...could not move....could not even move to side of road...blocking traffic....called onstar Chevy emerg road assist...while making arrangement for tow he asked for mileage...I had to turn off the engine to get rid of the screen which said "reduced engine power"....gavehim the mileage...when restarting the engine the engine now idled normal and when pu in drive, I could now move the car....canceled the service...took the car to the dealer next am...they diagnosed the trouble to be a "binding throttle body" it was replaced...I am apprehensive driving the car, especially on I95 with trucks and cars traveling 70/80 mph I could get killed.......

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 312013

Equinox 4-cyl

When I take off and begin to accelerate, car hesitates. Getting worse. As I was approaching the top of an overpass, had to speed up because it seemed to hesitated. Took it in once, service manager and assistant both said they drove it and nothing happened. I left there and it happened and continues to happen.

- Taft, TX, USA