2013 Chevrolet Equinox seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 082016

The vehicle treading on the seatbelt and the seats are defective. The treading has come out of both. The rear seats are hardly used except transporting the grandkids on a occassion.

- Rowesville, SC, USA

Apr 112015

Was driving to work and a herd of deer jumped out in front of me I hit one near the front passenger side and my seat belt locked up and a funny smell came over the inside of my car. The service air bag light came on and hasn't shut off my 4ways turned on automatically but the air bags did not deploy. I think that since this car is less than 2 years old and I purchased it to make me feel safe that a faulty airbag deployment is ridiculous and I should be able to trade this car in. I don't feel safe driving with a tight seat belt and my air bag light on. I can't believe how many people have had issues with this. The money I am spending to buy this car is outrageous as it is then for this to happen and it not work the way it is intended to I would like to be reimbursed in some way.

- Caro, MI, USA

Jul 152014

Equinox 4-cyl

I was driving on a 2 lane road with heavy woods on each side and a deer ran out of the woods in front of me. I hit the deer with the front of my Equinox. I immediately smelled the fumes from the air bag but did not see where the air bag deployed. Onstar came on and asked if I was ok, that they were advised my air bag had deployed. The in dash sensor in my car also alerted that the air bag had been deployed. My steering wheel appeared normal, but a small gap around the air bag cover. It appears that my air bag had attempted to deploy but the bag itself did not inflate. The damage was filled on insurance and GM was notified of the incident due to the fact that my air bag did not function correctly. The vehicle has been taken to the dealership where it was purchased to have the air bag & sensors replaced. GM did open a claim with my complaint and said that it would be 20 to 30 days for an investigation to be done.

- Robbinsville, NC, USA