4.5

2013 Chevrolet Equinox wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Sep 162015

Equinox

Seal around alloys are leaking tire pressure had tire repaired once, but it has happened again waring light for tire pressure light consistantly stays illuminated.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 162014

Equinox 4-cyl

I pulled into my driveway and put the car in park. I noticed a small puff of white smoke from the hood in one specific place. Prior to this, there was not a check engine light, there was not a messgae warning of reduced engine power. The car was inspected at a certified GM dealership on 4/16/2014. Nothing was noted on the diagnostic form to fix or replace. It was completed at the dearlership that we purchased the car at. I quickly got out of my car and begin to get my three year old out of his carseat. I looked at the hood and there was so much black smoke pouring out of the hood I could not see our shed or anything in front of me. I yelled to the other two children (both 6), to get out of their carseats and run into the woods. I unbuckled one child and the other child slipped out of her buckle. They ran to a safe spot. I ran into the house called 911 and got our fire extinguisher. Came outsude and there was black smoke filling the sky and pouring out of the hood in numerous places. I used the fire extinguisher which did not help. I got the garden hose and tried to use that, but was getting too dangerous. So I waited for the fire department to arrive. At this time there was flames coming from the bottom and top of the car and the car was making loud cracking and exploding noises. There was so much smoke I could not see the house which was close by. The windows exploded and the passanger airbag went off. The three children countinued to be 500 feet into the woods and I frantically was running around (37 week pregnant).the shed caught on fire. The fire department arrived and extinguished the fire. The two front tires were completly melted and ruined our driveway.

- Calais, VT, USA