2014 Chevrolet Equinox brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox:

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 072016

While driving check engine light, traction control, and stabilatrak all came on. I pulled over and shut it off. A few minutes later restarted with check engine light staying on. Before I made it to work 1 mile down the road the car shut off. No power at all!!! this was on a city street going about 40 mph. My car went down to 15mph within seconds. Very dangerous! this was the 5th time! the dealer replaced body control panel and this problem continues! the dealer still has it and has no real answers!

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

May 132015

On 275 in tampa going 75 mph suddenly the dash reads loss of power as you feel the car drastically slow to a crawl, me shouting to my stunned husband "pull over pull over" thank god we were in the left lane as that's where the breakdown lane was. We pulled over the car coasted and died. We barely missed getting rear ended by a semi. After two days the repair was done and stated as "ECM shorted" found ECM shorted internally off pin 73 1 shorted out under hood fuse block..this is a 2014 Chevy Equinox with17K miles.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Sep 292014

I was driving my 2014 Chevrolet Equinox, purchased approximately 2 1/2 months ago brand new (now with approximately 2500 miles). As I was driving down a very busy road at 50-55 mph, several warning lights came on - ABS, stabilitrak warning, service engine - and the car began to lose power. Luckily, I was able to get the car off the road. Eventually, the lights went off and the car began to drive "normal". however, had this occurred on the interstate or if I hadn't been able to pull off the road, I feel the situation could have been much worse.

- Owensboro, KY, USA