2014 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox:

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

May 192016

Equinox

May 2016, had issue with my 2014 Equinox involving the accelerometer pedal & sensor due to faulty wiring. My vehicle was just less than 2 years old with 62K miles at the time. We were driving down the highway, when the malfunction occurred and sent the vehicle into reduced engine power mode. When this happened the vehicle started to quickly lose speed down as it happened just prior to going up a hill. Had to try and get vehicle off to shoulder of highway, acceleration pedal was completely inoperable during this time. Call was placed to GM regarding this issue and my concerns that it could have lead to a crash, injury or worse. GM had no interest in covering this problem under any warranty and did not seem concerned at all with the issue or my concerns that the problem could have lead to a crash, injury or worse. In the end I was left with a $475 repair charge to replace an $80 part by the GM dealership.

- Hanover, PA, USA

Sep 172014

Equinox

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving in reverse at approximately 5 mph, the instrument cluster information center illuminated intermittently. The manufacturer issued a customer satisfaction program where the radio was replaced; however, the failure persisted. The failure recurred sporadically seventy times within a year. The vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times, but was unable to locate the cause of the failure. In addition, the rear windshield exhibited a permanent film on the inner glass surface and, when exposed to direct sunlight, it distorted the contact's visibility. On separate occasions, when the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle unintentionally accelerated. The dealer was unable to locate the cause of the failures. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 12. The VIN was unavailable.

- Tahlequah, OK, USA

Apr 072016

Equinox

Stopped with my foot on the brake waiting to pull out on the hwy. I had been there already about 1 minute, when all of a sudden the car accelerated which caused me to hit the vehicle in front of me (18 wheeler). It was as if your car is in park and you rev your engine. It wouldn't stop with the brakes. It seemed I had no control of my vehicle and it took off on its own. I have since read others having similar experiences of "taking off" or going from 2 RPM to 4 without their foot being on the gas. I also requested the dealership to check for any reason this may have happened besides fixing the damage to the vehicle.

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

Mar 102016

Equinox

"takata recall" my 2014 Chevy eqx only has approximately 30,000 miles on it. While driving on a highway at approximately 50mph the vehicle accelerates on its own. The vehicle goes from 2rpm to 4 RPM with my foot of the gas. This has occurred numerous times on different dates, different speeds.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Oct 082014

Equinox 6-cyl

Driving on the interstate and received the reduced engine power message which caused the loss of acceleration power.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Sep 292014

Equinox

I was driving my 2014 Chevrolet Equinox, purchased approximately 2 1/2 months ago brand new (now with approximately 2500 miles). As I was driving down a very busy road at 50-55 mph, several warning lights came on - ABS, stabilitrak warning, service engine - and the car began to lose power. Luckily, I was able to get the car off the road. Eventually, the lights went off and the car began to drive "normal". however, had this occurred on the interstate or if I hadn't been able to pull off the road, I feel the situation could have been much worse.

- Owensboro, KY, USA