2014 Chevrolet Equinox miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox:

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

May 052016

I bought my 2014 Chevy Equinox new. I was in crash which I hit a full size Chevy truck in the driver door and it totaled my car and not one air bag came. I was crossing East and West the truck was going North to South

- Forrest City, AR, USA

Sep 262015

Squirrels nest inside dash and squirrels inside car. Got five out. They kept coming out as I was driving down the road. Insulation chewed inside dash from behind steering column across to the glove box. Took to dealer they said they shouldn't be able to get into the car. They kept my car for a few days and said that they found a nest and put mesh over a hole where the windshield wiper fluid drains" in the engine compartment area" they said that is where they were getting inside the car. I could have gotten into an accident multiple times. This all happened over a course of a couple of weeks. We would get one out and more would show up. Two were sitting on the passenger floor next to me as I was driving down the road, a squirrel was seen on my dashboard inside the car when I was in a store. One was in a bag on the passenger seat next to me. Got two in traps that I set on the floor inside the car, etc. This shouldn't happen!! I am tramatized by this and do not want anyone else going through it.

- Burton, MI, USA

Sep 152014

2 days after purchase, heard a strange noise in car but unsure where it came from. Returned to dealer, problem couldn't be duplicated. I hear a strange thumping/beating sound periodically; heat exits vents while fan is off; several electrical? incidents, including; heater fan went off while driving on 29 degree winter day. It went back 1/2 hour later. (a few days prior, sounded like fan was losing power); digital speedometer on driver information center went off/blank for a minute while driving; phone charger (lighter & usb) outlet blew 2 fuses after using outlet for a few months with same charger & phone. Inconsistent depends which phone is being charged & charger used; ignition key got very hot after 45 min drive; dashboard lights (instrument cluster?) go dim when driving under a dark viaduct or tunnel, shouldn't they get brighter? manual doesn't explain how dic & instrument panel lights should operate.); interior dome lights went on 2X on their own; infotainment system screen has a delay. Does not consistently display current song title & artist that is playing; digital temperature not consistently displayed on infotainment screen (new problem); oil life not reset after 1st oil change (caused confusion as to when to do next oil change.); excessive water exiting tail pipe (told is normal). Service center where car was purchased checked car out on 4 different repairs done (except resetting oil life & replacing 2 fuses on charger), problems couldn't be duplicated. Went to another Chevy service center, noted on paperwork "no problems found at this time", no other explanation given. Afterwards, I chatted with a rep @, who filed a case & was told a service mgr will call in few days. It's been a few days, no call yet. I have 8200 miles & continue to feel unsafe, especially when driving with my 4 grandsons. They are reason I bought a new car!

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 012015

I looked away from my driving for perhaps 2 seconds, when my car drifted to the edge of the road-- it was raining and the grass was very slick and pulled me on into the ditch. While trying to get out of my slide, I hit a road sign with my front bumper. Immediately, I was told "airbag deployed"... however, it did not deploy. I could smell something, like electrical burning, but the airbags stayed inside their compartment, or whatever.

- Lincoln, AR, USA